    solution/answer ...

    Greetz and thanks in advance,

    - maltre

    maltre, Sep 4, 2003

  2. maltre

    erratic Guest

    For most PAL VCRs that support NTSC playback, you have to change the
    broadcast standard in MMC to PAL-60. That's what worked for me if I
    remeber correctly. Can't test it now, because MMC is not installed.
    If your VCR supports real NTSC, change the broadcast standard to NTSC,
    but it's almost always PAL-60.

    By the way, the files you capture that way will have an NTSC resolution
    and frame rate, for example 720x480 (NTSC DVD) at 29.97 fps.

    erratic, Sep 4, 2003

  3. maltre

    maltre Guest

    Hi,

    Thanks for the fast reply and the very usefull info!
    I tried upgrading my 7.5 drivers and software to 7.7 (first 7.6, then the
    7.7 update).
    That messed it all up, so I'm back to 7.5.
    I honestly cannot find MMC (MultiMedia Center, right ?) anywhere.

    Could you tell me what I'm overlooking ?
    Do I need to switch from PAL to PAL-60 (or NTSC) in ATI software or do I
    need to configure the program I capture with (VirtualDub) ?

    Thanks in advance,

    maltre, Sep 5, 2003
  4. maltre

    erratic Guest

    I don't know if you can capture PAL-60 with VirtualDub, but I've done it
    before with MMC. In MMC you can switch between PAL, PAL-60, NTSC, etc.
    Remember that PAL-60 is 720x480 (max. resolution) at 29.97 fps. Don't
    use PAL settings for PAL-60!

    If VirtualDub doesn't support PAL-60 then you should install MMC.
    http://mirror.ati.com/support/drivers/winxp/radeonopt-xp.html
    There are probably other capture apps that support PAL-60 but I haven't
    tried any.

    erratic, Sep 5, 2003