    Any tips on how it can be prevented?

    I have Pentium 4, 2.8Ghz, Windows XP, 1Gb DDR Ram, 7200 rpm Drive

    Thanks.

    Nnxxm, Dec 6, 2004

  2. Nnxxm

    Gordon Scott Guest

    FAT32 file system on the destination drive?

    Gordon Scott, Dec 6, 2004

  3. Nnxxm

    Jez Guest

    Indeed a possibility...

    I was trying to copy a 5Gb file to my 2nd PC last week (LAN)...and
    forgot that it was an XP-upgrade....
    with...you guessed...a FAT32 format....It kept saying......inadequate
    disc space on target drive sort-of error, with around 100Gb of free space !

    Converted to NTFS and all worked fine....
    FAT32 has a 4Gb limit, so anything over that will cause problems.

    Quite pleased with the capture on the AIW9800 myself...but TWG !

    --
    Jez
    'Realism is seductive because once you have accepted the reasonable

    Skype callto://hellward
    NFS Porsche Unleashed, Hot Pursuit 2, Underground.
    Yeowww

    Jez, Dec 6, 2004
  4. Nnxxm

    Nnxxm Guest

    FAT32 has a 4Gb limit, so anything over that will cause problems.

    Thanks for the info, but it is not related to the size of the capture. I've
    never recorded anything over 4gb.

    It just stops working at any time regardless of size, sometimes it can stop at
    the beginning after 2 to 15 mins recording... other times it doesn't stop at
    all.

    I wonder if maybe the other software I have running may cause some type of
    interruption?

    Should I close all of my other programs when recording?

    I usually have aol, Corel Photopaint, and notetab light working.

    Nnxxm, Dec 6, 2004
  5. Nnxxm

    J. Clarke Guest

    I have a vague recollection that there was at one time a video capture
    problem when using FAT32 on one drive and NTFS on another but I don't
    recall the details now or if it was an ATI problem or a Microsoft problem
    or how it got resolved. I resolved it on my systems by ditching FAT and
    quit paying attention to the issue after that.

    J. Clarke, Dec 6, 2004
  6. Nnxxm

    T Shadow Guest

    You do not want anything unnecessary running while capturing, especially
    other applications. I keep my LAN card disabled so it does not access the
    bus.
    If this is not enough and you are using W2K or XP go to blackviper.com and
    get the list to turn off unneeded processes. Actually you should do this
    anyway it will speed up the whole system.

    T Shadow, Dec 6, 2004
  7. Nnxxm

    Gordon Scott Guest

    Yes its a good idea to shut down everything that isnt necessary,
    including antivirus software.

    Gordon

    Gordon Scott, Dec 6, 2004