ATI All-In-Wonder Video Recording - How Change Default Destination for Recordings?

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Hammer Toe, Nov 13, 2003.

  1. Hammer Toe

    Hammer Toe Guest

    Whenever I try to record anything (ATI AIW 9600 Pro) using MMC's
    PVR/Digital VCR function, it seems to always want to save the
    resulting file in C:\Documents and Settings.

    A. I DON'T USE D+S; I like to place/save my files to various
    locations/drives depending on where I have space, etc.

    B. D+S is on my C:\ Drive and I have very little free space there; I
    have 100+GB free on E:\

    C. Is there some way I can configure MMC to save recording to a
    specific location (folder) on E:\ *** without 'moving' documents and
    settings.

    BTW: I am aware that there IS a way to specify a TEMP DRIVE for use
    during recording but that only seems to affect whwre the file is
    written while being recorded. At completion, it seems to be 'moved' to
    D+S anyway...

    TIA

    Hammer Toe, Nov 13, 2003

  2. Hammer Toe

    Fountainhead Guest

    In Setup, go to the Personal Video Recorder tab, and click the One Touch
    Record button. Change the default location there.

    Fountainhead, Nov 14, 2003

  3. Hammer Toe

    Aloke Prasad Guest

    56
    That will set the destination for "One Touch Recording".

    For PVR items created in the Scheduler, the Wizard asks for a destination
    directory.

    For recordings set up in the Guide+, only the recording quality is
    selectable initially. Most of the settings can be set by going into the
    Scheduler and modifying the entry there.

    Aloke Prasad, Nov 14, 2003
  4. Hammer Toe skriblede:
    I dont know the proper way to do it, but if you use regedit and search for
    the string "capture directory" you can edit it to your liking. Note that
    there is more than one instance of the key.

    Always backup your registry before editing or make a system restore point.

    David

    David T. Metz, Nov 14, 2003