ATI All-In-Wonder works in Media Ctr after Nero update!

Discussion in 'ATI' started by bubkiebki, May 24, 2007.

  1. bubkiebki

    bubkiebki Guest

    FIY...

    I have never been able to get my ATI AIW X800XL TV tuner to work with WinXP
    Media Ctr 2005 SP2. The best I ever got was either a distorted TV picture,
    no picture (black screen) or a green screen. On that PC (Foxconn 945P7AA) I
    also have a Hauppauge HVR-980 installed, so I have been using that with
    Media Ctr. The HVR-980 works well with my cable TV and Media Ctr, but is
    Mono, only with cable. Also, on the software side I have Nero 7 Ultimate
    Edition installed. In addition to Media Ctr, I have attempted to get the AIW
    TV tuner to work in Nero Home, but got basically the same bad results. I
    have repeatedly looked on Nero's web site and the forums for support
    information, but found little or nothing regarding Nero Home and the ATI AIW
    TV tuner. There are not many adjustments that can be made in Nero Home,
    either, to try adjusting the picture.

    Today I downloaded and installed Nero's latest update, 7.9.6. After
    installation I opened Nero Home and to my surprise the AIW TV tuner now
    works great with that program. Next I opened Win XP Media Ctr, and lo and
    behold, the AIW TV tuner works great with that too, for the first time in my
    history, anyway. I also tried this another PC WinXP Pro SP2 where I have an
    AIW X1900 along with a TV Wonder 650. Nero 7.9.6 works great with both
    tuners (did not previously work with the AIW). I have yet to play with the
    Catalyst Media Center program on that PC.

    Well I'll be damned!

    ....Brian

    bubkiebki, May 24, 2007