ATI Catalyst driver can't remember to use 70hz for VGA connection?

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Ant, May 17, 2011.

  1. Ant

    Ant Guest

    Hello.

    I noticed using video's 70hz is clearer and show no flickers with dark
    blue background compared to 60hz. I switch between DVI and VGA, through
    Catalyst Control Center, because I use an over decade old Belkin
    OmniCube KVM to share the devices (PS/2 mouse, 19" Samsung 931BF LCD
    monitor, and PS/2 keyboard).

    In my old updated Windows XP Pro. SP3, I am having problems with v10.12
    (doubt the newer/later versions will fix it) video driver to remember to
    give me 70hz. It keeps going back to 60hz, so I have to manually to tell
    it that which is tedious and annoying since I do it a lot. Is there a
    way to force it each time I go to VGA connection? Also, I am using a 2.5
    years old ATI Radeon 4870 video card (512 MB of RAM) from MSI.

    Thank you in advance. :)
    --
    "Bother," said Winnie the Pooh, as he stepped on an ant.
    /\___/\ Ant @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site)

    Ant, May 17, 2011