    TIA

    __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5969 (20110320) __________

    http://www.eset.com

    Jim, Mar 21, 2011

  2. Jim

    Markus Guest

    I believe they discontinued the old Control Panel in 2006 already. So
    whatever the "last version" of the ATI Control Panel was, I strongly doubt
    it would work with your HD4350. :-(

    Markus, Mar 21, 2011

  3. Jim

    Jim Guest

    Oh great i liked it because i could never get tv out to work using CCC,
    guess i'll have to get my head round CCC then, do you know of any good
    fourms that deal with ATI cards i have heard guru3d is a good place to start

    Jim, Mar 21, 2011
  4. Jim

    Ant Guest

    http://www.rage3d.com/ is a good one that has been around for years
    since my ATI Radeon 9800 Pro days.

    When you mentioned TV out problems. Is that CRT TV output as secondary
    display with VGA primary display? I have this problem with ATI Radeon
    4870 video card (512 MB of RAM) and Catalyst suite v10.12 in my old,
    updated Windows XP Pro. SP3.
    --
    "This isn't a war. It never was a war, any more than there's war between
    man and ants." --artilleryman from H.G. Wells' The War of the Worlds

    Ant, Mar 22, 2011
  5. Jim

    Jim Guest

    Hi Ant, yes it's an older CRT TV for the life of me i can't get tv out
    working the way i want it to, it will show image on tv but then i loose
    picture on the monitor, it's doing my head in

    Jim, Mar 23, 2011
  6. Jim

    Ant Guest

    Yeah. same exact symptoms. From what I told from another ATI user, newer
    drivers do this. I assume you use VGA for monitor too? They only work
    with DVI+TV. :( In order for VGA and CRT TV out to work again, you need
    to use very old drivers (e.g., v9.7 -- I still have a copy of it just in
    case) and most likely old video cards like HD 4870 (still using it after
    2.25 years).

    My problem is that newer games need newer drivers and I get blue screens
    with DVB Viewer Pro after playing games and 3D stuff (yes, there's a
    workaround to use older ativva* files) with older drivers. It's annoying!

    FYI, newer NVIDIA cards and drivers are worse. No fullscreen video
    overlays at all! They started that a few years ago when 8800 GT was new.
    IIRC, it was related to copy protection/DRM. This is probably the same
    for ATI. Lame! :( Hence why I switched to ATI. Now, we are stuck on
    video cards to pick for what we want to do. It doesn't help if you want
    to game! Ugh.

    I wished Matrox came back like they did with their G400 cards. They
    kicked arse back in the old days. Intel is too slow for gaming. :(

    BTW, I forgot to mention http://forums.amd.com/game/ for ATI forums. :)
    --
    "In an ant colony, dew is a flood." --Afghan

    Ant, Mar 30, 2011
  7. Jim

    Wookie Guest

    You can always just download the ATI drivers and do not download and use
    CCC.

    "Jim" wrote in message

    I have upgrade from my old 9600 Pro to a newer XFX Radeon HD4350 but i hate
    the Catalyst Control Panel, does anyone know the last version of "ATI
    Control Panel" right now i'm using xp pro sp3 32bit but will be moving to
    Win7 64 bit in next 6 months.

    TIA

    database 5969 (20110320) __________

    http://www.eset.com