ATI HDTV Wonder Anyone really solve the Problem Yet? (Second Try)

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Biggy, Mar 22, 2006.

  1. Biggy

    Biggy Guest

    Sorry about my earlier post, we had a power outage before I had a chance to
    complete my last post but it looks like it did. I am sure no one understood
    it, well here is my second attempt.

    The problem I am having is that I can't receive the video portion of Channel
    9 CTV, but I do hear the audio.
    I have lots of signal strength it's at 85 percent.

    Well I thought I had it solved the problem when I manually enter 40-1 I
    finally received channel 9 CTV on that frequency it was working about a
    month, but just yesterday it suddenly it disappeared. Now I can't get it on
    either 9-1 or 40-1.

    I have been in contact with ATI (since Jan) and enter a ticket, but they
    have been of little to no help. I have tried virtually everything installing
    uninstalling all their drivers etc. I ask them if they received any other
    complaints regarding channel 9 they said no and never heard of it. I have
    been to several computer sites (ATI HDTV Wonder Discussion) which lists many
    people having this problem and many others who have a ticket in as well.

    Only thing I have read that might help is to try to remap channel 40-1 to
    40-2 or 40-3 and I might get it working again? Does anyone know how to do
    this using ATI software? When you select the channel manually it only gives
    me 40-1.

    Other then that maybe, I will have to sent it back to ATI (RMA). But still
    think it has to do with their software drivers.

    It was really nice getting channel 9, but I lost it :-(

    Anyone solved this problem yet??

    Biggy, Mar 22, 2006

  2. Biggy

    J. Clarke Guest

    If this is over the air then play with the antenna. What you're describing
    is not uncommon in areas with significant amounts of multipath and can
    usually be dealt with by either reorienting the antenna or replacing it
    with one that has greater multipath rejection.

    You might also want to consider returning the ATI and replacing it with a
    Dvico Fusion 5, which has a newer tuner that might have a little bit better
    multipath rejection.

    J. Clarke, Mar 23, 2006

  3. Biggy

    Biggy Guest

    Thanks for your response!

    Yes indeed I have a antenna and rotor (OTA) and made several adjustments to
    it as you suggested, still I was not able to pickup channel 9. I even try
    the small antenna that came with ATI Wonder tuner no luck there as well.

    I don't think it's a multipath problem. Why you might ask, well first off I
    loaded software Beyond TV 3.8 and I was able to receive channel 9 no with
    problem.

    I wish ATI would have configured their software so you could tune to other
    frequencies 40.2, 40.3 etc. this might help.

    Looks like I have send it back to ATI.

    Thanks again!

    Biggy, Mar 23, 2006
  4. Biggy

    Rich Elgin Guest

    Biggy,

    You might want to try a software package called WatchHDTV at
    http://mysite.verizon.net/watchhdtv/home/download.html

    It does a much better job than ATI's software and it's FREE.
    What I like about it is that you have to option of not using Time-Shift.
    ATI's software does not allow you to turn it off.
    With Time-Shift on all the time your constantly writing out to your hard
    drive. I like to have it off when I don't care
    about Time-Shift.
    WatchHDTV also gives you a little more control on setting the channels.

    Try it. I think you will like it.

    Rich

    Rich Elgin, Mar 23, 2006
  5. Biggy

    Biggy Guest

    Hi Rich,

    I tried loading WatchHDTV it but went to install it I received an error, so
    I downloaded the older ver. of WatchHDTV, I managed to get it working but
    I was still not able to get channel 9 40-1, 40-2 etc. I think it has
    something to do with ATI's new drivers?

    I loaded on Beyond TV 3.8 and I got channel 9 clearly with 90 percent signal
    strength but when I went to restart beyond TV it locked up.

    Went to BYTV the chat site and apparently the new ATI Cat. drivers are
    causing problems with BYTV program.

    ATI's lousy software.

    I get audio but no video on channel 9. This could be ATI tuner hardware
    problem?

    Thanks for your suggestion.

    Biggy

    Biggy, Mar 25, 2006