ATI Mobility display adapter drivers can now be updated

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by Quaoar, Dec 31, 2005.

  1. Quaoar

    Quaoar Guest

    For those of us with old, original ATI Mobility display adapter drivers
    who have been quietly growing old waiting for our vendors to provide
    updated drivers, the wait is over.

    These two links supply details:

    Inquirer article: http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=28636

    DriverHeaven ATI Mobility Patcher source and instructions:
    http://www.driverheaven.net/patje/

    As a side note I have used the patcher to update my Sony Vaio PCG-GRV670
    ATI Radeon Mobility 64M 9000 to the latest ATI driver dated 12/15/05.
    It is working well with a subtle boost in gamma and a bit better color
    density. The new driver is version 8, the old was version 5.

    Quaoar, Dec 31, 2005

  2. For those of us with old, original ATI Mobility display adapter drivers
    who have been quietly growing old waiting for our vendors to provide
    updated drivers, the wait is over.

    These two links supply details:

    Inquirer article: http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=28636

    DriverHeaven ATI Mobility Patcher source and instructions:
    http://www.driverheaven.net/patje/

    As a side note I have used the patcher to update my Sony Vaio PCG-GRV670
    ATI Radeon Mobility 64M 9000 to the latest ATI driver dated 12/15/05.
    It is working well with a subtle boost in gamma and a bit better color
    density. The new driver is version 8, the old was version 5.

    Nothing new, but Omega Drivers have been doing this just as well.
    http://www.omegadrivers.net/

    **SS**

    secret squiddle, Dec 31, 2005

  3. Quaoar

    Quaoar Guest

    The failure rate of Omega drivers is too high. I have used Omega on
    three laptops, all of which were failures. My opinion is that Omega has
    done a good job for IBM and maybe Dell notebooks, but other OEM mods
    make Omega synonymous with Failure.

    Quaoar, Jan 1, 2006
  4. Quaoar

    Jerry Park Guest

    I do have a Dell notebook. The Omega drivers have worked well here for
    several years.

    Jerry Park, Jan 1, 2006
  5. The failure rate of Omega drivers is too high. I have used Omega on
    three laptops, all of which were failures. My opinion is that Omega has
    done a good job for IBM and maybe Dell notebooks, but other OEM mods
    make Omega synonymous with Failure.

    "The failure rate of Omega drivers is too high." What are you basing this
    on? I manage a support group for many different notebook chassis, and I've
    yet to see anyone who has had problems with the Omega Drivers.

    You may have experienced isolated trouble yourself, on a limited number of
    notebooks, but the overall picture from my viewpoint is that the Omega
    Drivers work just fine.

    http://www.omegadrivers.net/

    **SS**

    secret squiddle, Jan 1, 2006
  6. Quaoar

    J. Clarke Guest

    What kind of "failures" are you experiencing? The Omega drivers work fine
    on my Gateway, and enable capabilities that the Gateway-provided drivers do
    not.

    J. Clarke, Jan 12, 2006