ati rad 9800 pro from sapphire upgrade to directx9b now 3dmark2003 fails with kernel32.dll message

Discussion in 'ATI' started by SexyBeast, Jul 30, 2003.

  1. SexyBeast

    SexyBeast Guest

    Hello group, first my config:

    Asus A7V333 RAID
    2 x apacer 512 MB DDR
    AMD Athlon XP 2400+
    ATI Radeon 9800pro from Sapphire 128 MB DDR
    ATI drivers Catalyst driver 6.14.10.6360 from 2-june-2003

    I downloaded 3DMark03 some time ago and all ran fine, nice score of 5744.
    I also installed the availlable updates 320 and 330.

    Yesterday i updated windows xp with directx9b and now i get the following
    error while starting 3DMark03 :

    3DMark03 has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the
    inconvenience.

    When i ask for more info on the error i get:
    Error signature
    AppName: 3dmark03.exe
    AppVer: 3.3.0.0
    ModName: kernel32.dll
    ModVer: 5.1.2600.1106
    Offset 001a75e

    Technical info is availlable but is lots of pages.

    On futuremarks discussion board i see another user with the same problem.
    I already got a logon id and password for this but i had to send a user
    support request because none of the links work.

    I therefor post this here to ask if other users had the same experience and
    if someone already found out how to resolve this.

    TIA

    Michel Rietveld aka SexyBeast
    mailto:

    SexyBeast, Jul 30, 2003

  2. SexyBeast

    Sparky Guest

    Nice score - makes me a little wary of my system which is an XP 2800+ Barton
    on an A7V8X with a Radeon 9800 Pro and only manages a 5350 3dMark03 score
    (that's about the same before and after DX9 and DX9b).

    Sparky, Jul 30, 2003