ATI Radeon 7500 AIW TV Tuner Problem - No channels found on Satellite Conn. - Please help!

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Philter, Jun 13, 2004.

  1. Philter

    Philter Guest

    Greetings,

    I hope someone can help me with this problem...

    After upgrading a friend to Windows XP SP1 (Fresh Install on new HDD
    since old drive had Windows Me and was ready to die) the ATI Radeon
    AIW 7500 Card's TV Tuner does not find any channels using a satellite
    connection.
    It worked fine on Windows Me.

    Here's the scenario:
    The Satellite receiver is hooked up to the S-Video on the card and VGA
    out to a Plasma screen. I have not changed anything in the way it is
    physically connected.

    However the following has changed:

    Catalyst Graphics Driver (latest)
    DirectX 9.0b
    Windows Media Encoder 9.0
    DAO/MDAC
    MMC 9.0
    (DVD Decoder won't install since it says "not a valid ATI disc" even
    though it is! (But that's another problem)

    When I open the TV Tuner the configuration begins and asks me which
    connection I have.
    The only selections are 'Cable' or ‘Antenna.'
    Which one would I select for Satellite?? Regardless, I've tried the
    lengthy process of scanning for channels on both and it says, "No
    channels were found!"

    So, I'm wondering….is this a relatively new problem? Or am I
    forgetting something simple yet critical in the configuration
    somewhere? (I only saw one place within the TV settings that just
    points it to the ATI card to use as the default card, which I did).
    I'll admit, I'm not familiar with ATI products and I'm hoping I just
    missed something somewhere.

    If any ATI experts out there have any helpful suggestions or advice,
    Please help!!

    Thanks in advance,
    ~Philter

    Philter, Jun 13, 2004