ati radeon 9600 pro 256mb and aopen ax4spe mobo

Discussion in 'ATI' started by DRB, Jan 11, 2004.

  1. DRB

    DRB Guest

    I recently purchased the Aopen ax4spe max motherboard.
    I found this statement in the manual:

    (word for word from the manual)
    Warning: It is strongly recommended not to install a 3.3V AGP card,
    which is not supported by Intel Springdale-PE. When you do so, the
    AGP LED on the motherboard will light up to warn you the possible
    damage.

    The video card specs show:

    AGP 8X (0.8V)/4X (1.5V)/2X (3.3V)

    Will the card likely work on this mobo, provided I avoid settings for
    2x operation? I haven't been able to find helpful info and the
    manufacturers websites.

    DRB, Jan 11, 2004

  2. DRB

    peter Guest

    well considering that the card runs in AGP8X.....it will work.
    They are trying to tell you in their funny way not to use a 2X card
    peter

    peter, Jan 14, 2004