    Juast concerned that a 'similar' card can be priced cheaper if not
    produced directly by the chip maker.

    Thoughts?

    Jethro[AGHL], Sep 18, 2003

  2. Jethro[AGHL]

    Ben Pope Guest

    There seem to be no noticeable differences - looks like it's built to the
    reference design. It's been said that Sapphire supposedly make ATIs cards
    for them.

    Ben

    Ben Pope, Sep 18, 2003

  3. Jethro[AGHL]

    Brian Guest

    Ram might not be of the same quality. I know the Sapphire 9800 cards
    have had some issues with the quality of the ram as of late. But that
    may just apply to the OEM versions and not retail.

    Brian, Sep 18, 2003
  4. Uses exactly the same memory on both (2.86ns) so there will be no
    difference, the only difference I can think of is warranty? You might
    *might* get a 3 year one with Ati but only 1 with Sapphire. Don't quote me
    on that though.

    methylenedioxy, Sep 19, 2003