    Apart from the physical constraints, does anybody know if the card will produce much heat, and will this have an impact on the Shuttle noise (fan speed) or system stability (when left running throughout the day)?

    Thanks,
    Tom

    Tom, Jul 18, 2004

  2. Tom

    Tim Auton Guest

    It depends what you do with it! If it's playing Far Cry all day then
    it will produce a fair bit of heat and any temperature controlled fans
    will speed up to compensate. Regular desktop work will produce much
    less heat and is unlikely to be a problem. I monitored the temperature
    on my 9600 Pro when I changed the fan and it was only playing 3D games
    that seemed to change the temperature significantly (by +10C or so).
    Desktop vs blank screen was only 1-2C. I didn't do any prolonged video
    (MPEG, DVD) watching in my tests though - I have another box that does
    all that.

    Tim

    Tim Auton, Jul 18, 2004

  3. Tom

    Richro Guest

    I have that configuration. Yes the fan goes more, but it works fine. Thats
    as far as I know the best video card for the xpc due to psu constraints.

    Richro, Jul 19, 2004