ATI Radeon 9800 + Capture card or ATI Radeon All in Wonder 9000

Discussion in 'ATI' started by furanomycin, Oct 5, 2003.

  1. furanomycin

    furanomycin Guest

    Hello,

    I'm ordering a new machine from HP / Compaq (I'm restricted to them
    for a variety of reasons). I'd like to do some video editing on the
    machine as well as have a good video card.

    The machine specs are:

    P4 3.0 GHz
    1 GB RAM
    160 GB Harddrive
    17" monitor

    Just wondering if getting the 9800 and then a second dedicated USB or
    PCI capture/TV tuner card would be the best route?

    thanks

    MPV

    furanomycin, Oct 5, 2003

  2. furanomycin

    Mangyrat Guest

    i would get a PCI capture/TV tuner
    that way if you ever change video cards later on you can always keep the tv
    card.
    one other reasond is that if you ever want dual monitors the all in wonder
    cards only have one dvi/vga conector and the the normal 9800pro shuld have 2
    fga / dvi conectors.
    i have transfered my tv card threw 3 builds now and im glad i didnt get a
    all in wonder

    Mangyrat, Oct 5, 2003

  3. furanomycin

    Steven Guest

    Right now in my main PC, I have an ATI AIW 9700 Pro and a Radeon 32mb SDR
    PCI. With this set up, I have great capture abilities, but somewhat
    problematic secondary display. (considering that my ancient Radeon 32mb SDR
    PCI probably doesn't support DX 9, or DX 8 for all I know).

    I too have been interested in having 1 AGP card with dual display AND an ATI
    TV Wonder Pro card PCI for capture. So that I can know I'll have DX9x on
    primary AND secondary display, but I've heard about MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR
    problems with the PCI TV Wonder Pro. Problems with audio sync, problems with
    various versions of MMC, Etc...

    You know what would be sweet? A Radeon card with dual monitor AND AIW all on
    ONE card.

    -Steve

    Steven, Oct 5, 2003
  4. furanomycin

    Mangyrat Guest

    check out this site for some good setup's.
    http://www.realtimesoft.com/multimon/
    i have a tv wonder ve not the pro and i only use it for tv watching on my
    2nd monitor.
    as for the recording problems others have, i have not ran in to them yet.
    i rarly use the tv card to record anything but when i do it worked fine.

    Mangyrat, Oct 5, 2003