    1010 (1010c.zip).

    Thanks.

    Scott

    Scott, Oct 24, 2004

  2. Scott

    First of One Guest

    I'd look for a driver culprit before anything else. Did you clean out all
    the leftover driver bits before installing the 9800Pro?

    First of One, Oct 24, 2004

  3. Scott

    Scott Guest

    Yes, I did clean out the old drivers. What I am seeing is that (so
    far it seems only when using IE and opening multiple windows), is that
    parts of the screen just start writing. If I catch it in time, I can
    close some of the windows, and then do a refresh of the screen, and
    this will bring back all or most of the screen. Interestingly, I am
    able to run things like Aquamark 3 without any screen problems. This
    problem started within a day or two of installing the 9800 Pro. I
    unchecked "Enable Write Combining" in Troubleshooting (there was an
    ATI FAQ suggesting that sometime JAVA will cause problems and this
    would fix that) - still happened.

    Scott, Oct 24, 2004
  4. Scott

    First of One Guest

    There's an option in most BIOSes to toggle between UC and USWC video memory
    access modes. USWC means "uncacheable speculative write combining". Is this
    the option you tried?

    First of One, Oct 27, 2004