    value?

    Thanks in advance!
    Jay J

    Jay J, Nov 12, 2004

  2. Jay J

    Cuzman Guest

    " ...or for $250 are there other, superior cards, including NVidia's on the
    market that are a better value? "

    I would tend to prefer a 128MB card from the newer range, such as the
    6600GT. http://www.bit-tech.net/review/357/6

    Cuzman, Nov 12, 2004

  3. Jay J

    Jay J Guest

    I guess I should have mentioned, my mobo only supports AGP 8x and not PCIe,
    so this would be considering the best AGP based card for $250...

    Jay J, Nov 13, 2004
  4. Jay J

    dino Guest

    dino, Nov 13, 2004
  5. Jay J

    dino Guest

    the only reason I say this is because this will give you a good upgrade over
    the 9800..I have a 9600XT and am looking at that board as an upgrade. You
    may as well go current technology if it is with in your budget..if it
    isn't...I would wait till it is.

    dino, Nov 13, 2004
  6. Jay J

    Cuzman Guest

    " I guess I should have mentioned, my mobo only supports AGP 8x and not
    PCIe, so this would be considering the best AGP based card for $250... "

    Hopefully the AGP 6600GT will be available in the next few weeks, and
    benchmarks will be just as good as the PCI-E versions.

    I personally play games on my 19" CRT at 1024x768, and with as much AF and
    FSAA as it can handle. Reviews have generally shown that newer cards like
    the 6600GT, 6800 and X700 fair much better than the 9800 series when AF and
    FSAA are implemented with higher resolutions. Also, the addition of
    technologies such as PS3.0 give newer cards the edge over their PS2.0
    counterparts.

    Cuzman, Nov 13, 2004
  7. Jay J

    trippy123 Guest

    CRAP CRAP CRAP CARDS!

    you will be hating life once you have it, trust me.

    nvidia is a far better option

    trippy123, Nov 19, 2004