ati radeon 9800 pro sapphire 3dmark2003 directx9b fails with kernel32.dll message

Discussion in 'ATI' started by SexyBeast, Jul 27, 2003.

  1. SexyBeast

    SexyBeast Guest

    Hello group, first my config:

    Asus A7V333 RAID
    2 x apacer 512 MB DDR
    AMD Athlon XP 2400+
    ATI Radeon 9800pro from Sapphire 128 MB DDR

    I downloaded 3DMark03 some time ago and all ran fine, nice score of 5744.
    I also installed the availlable updates 320 and 330.

    Yesterday i updated windows xp with directx9b and now i get the following
    error while starting 3DMark03 :

    3DMark03 has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the
    inconvenience.

    When i ask for more info on the error i get:
    Error signature
    AppName: 3dmark03.exe
    AppVer: 3.3.0.0
    ModName: kernel32.dll
    ModVer: 5.1.2600.1106
    Offset 001a75e

    Technical info is availlable but is lots of pages.

    On futuremarks discussion board i see another user with the same problem.
    I already got a logon id and password for this but i had to send a user
    support request because none of the links work.

    I therefor post this here to ask if other users had the same experience and
    if someone already found out how to resolve this.

    TIA

    Michel Rietveld aka SexyBeast
    mailto:

    SexyBeast, Jul 27, 2003

  2. SexyBeast

    Sparrow Guest

    I had a similar problem. It was caused by a virus.

    Sparrow, Jul 29, 2003