    I thinking about coming home to ATI for my next video card.
    Is the Sapphire Radeon 9800 [non pro] faster than the ATI Radeon 9700
    Pro?

    NBK, Jul 1, 2003

  2. NBK

    NBK Guest

    The 9800 pro cost too much. I might be willing to pay close to $300

    NBK, Jul 1, 2003

  3. Roger Squires, Jul 1, 2003
  4. NBK

    NBK Guest

    I will wait until the Radeon 9700 Pro's price dips below $275.

    NBK, Jul 1, 2003
  5. NBK

    Frank Weston Guest

    Frank Weston, Jul 1, 2003
  6. NBK

    NBK Guest

    Hey Frank
    Your link did not work.......................

    NBK, Jul 1, 2003
  7. NBK

    NBK Guest

    I found the ATI Radeon AiW 9700 Pro at newegg under refurbished.

    NBK, Jul 1, 2003
  8. NBK

    NBK Guest

    I will wait until i can get ATI or Sapphire Radeon 9700 Pro under $275.00

    NBK, Jul 2, 2003
  9. I bought this card:

    http://www.pcwonderinc.com/atirad97pro1.html

    On June 16th. I now have the retail ATI 9800 Pro. (My wife made me an offer I couldn't pass up & a guy at work "said" he would buy
    the 9700 - he didn't)

    I've advertised at work to sell the card for $200 - no offers yet. I'm in the dog house now, so I'm getting desperate! Ebay is
    next - not a lot of gamers at work.

    If you are truly interested I will ship it to you at my cost, provided you are in the states.

    I had it installed for about a week. It comes with all the cables, a Sapphire install disk, and a PowerDVD XP 4.0 disk.

    You can search this group for my messages (it is my real name) and on the Asus mobo group. I'm not a dealer, I'm just out the $273
    I paid for it!

    Sorry for the "add spam". <g>

    You have permission to email me direct (take out the "DEL" and the "ME" from my address).

    Steve

    I will wait until i can get ATI or Sapphire Radeon 9700 Pro under $275.00
    :
    Just bear in mind that according to Newegg the accessories are not
    included. If you need them that could run the price back up pretty
    close to what a new one goes for.

    Steve Colburn, Jul 2, 2003
  10. NBK

    Toby Groves Guest

    Have there been any head to head tests?

    When the FSAA & Aniso is cranked up, I'd suspect the 9800 would win.

    Toby Groves, Jul 2, 2003