    feedback you may have.
    Pavlov
    * http://guru3d.com/article/Videocards/102/

    Pavlov, Dec 14, 2003

  2. Pavlov

    Good Man Guest

    (Pavlov) wrote in @posting.google.com:
    this is really a function of software, not the hardware. currently
    GuidePlus, which ships with AIW cards, does not have the ability to shut
    down the computer after recording.

    you can look for other recording software that does what you are looking
    for.

    Good Man, Dec 15, 2003

  3. Isn't the ability to standby if idle still part of Windows?
    Certainly a few years back, when I had a P3B-F and Matrox G400 so all
    standby functions worked, I always ran scandisk and defrags as overnight
    jobs, with a setting of standby if idle after 15minutes so it was switched
    off by morning.

    Of course, now I have <up>graded to an Abit KX7 and a Radeon I have a
    motherboard that can't turn off chassis fans on standby and a graphics card
    that can't recover from standby so I suppose that's progress for you!

    Laurence

    Laurence Wilmer, Dec 15, 2003