    advice. I don't know why this question isn't answered in the
    documentation provided with the card, or on ATI's web site. Thanks.

    jj

    jj, Sep 28, 2003

  2. jj

    Lithurge Guest

    What games are we talking about here? Can't say I've noticed
    anything asking me to select primary or secondary. Which is
    possibly why it's not addressed.

    I believe the point of having 2 devices is for dual monitor
    support, I would've assumed selecting 2ndry without a second
    monitor would have left you with a blank screen, obviously
    not the case, but if it's working why bother fiddling with
    it?

    Lithurge, Sep 28, 2003

  3. jj

    JAD Guest

    i believe this was addressed in another Post here....it has do with the Second display port OR the TV out. It seems to duplicate the
    adapter.

    JAD, Sep 28, 2003
  4. jj

    jj Guest

    Thanks for the info. Sounds like everyone tends to choose the first one
    (if choice is there). The games I'm referring to are MidTown Madness,
    Midtown Madness 2, Star Trek Bridge Commander, and one of my demos (I
    think the Unreal 2 Demo). In most games I've played, when you set video
    options, one of them is to select a video card. The choices are
    normally the name of the actual card, or "default video card", which are
    usually one-in-the-same.

    But wasn't sure on the Radeon, since it's listed twice, because Device
    Manager shows 2 cards...1 primary and 2 secondary.

    Anyway, the main reason I ask, is because I tried ST Bridge Commander
    for the first time using the Radeon 9800 yesterday. It had chosen the
    2nd Radeon for the graphics card. I didn't think it mattered, so I left it.

    After 5 minutes into the game, I got an error "STBC.EXE...yada-yada",
    with option to send error to Microsoft. Never happened before with
    previous GeForce4 Ti-4600. I'll reset the graphics card to the primary,
    and see if I can get this game to run without any errors. Hope so, cuz
    this is one of my fav games. Thx again.

    jj

    p.s. FWIW, just ran first AquaMark benchmark, score of 44,027 with
    default settings. I guess that's somewhere in the middle. I think the
    higher scores were oc'ers, cuz their CPU scores were way high.
    ====

    jj, Sep 28, 2003