    drivers, however, I am receiving "INF Error". I am attempting to
    install on Windows XP Pro. I don't know how to get past this error. Has
    anyone seen this before? Any suggestions welcome. Thanks.

    Mike, Jul 17, 2006

  2. Mike

    Carl Guest

    bad driver download? download newest ones from ati site, run drivercleaner
    to make sure there is no old drivers left

    Carl, Jul 17, 2006

  3. Mike

    Mike Guest

    No, this is a clean install. First time the drivers (of any kind) have
    ever seen the system. I thought perhaps it might have been because I
    failed to install .NET v2. I tried that, and still no luck. I'll try
    driver cleaner just in case something made its way into the system
    prior to the .NET resolution. Thanks.

    Mike, Jul 17, 2006
  4. Mike

    Mike Guest

    No, that didn't work either.

    Mike, Jul 17, 2006
  5. Mike

    Carl Guest

    run: sfc /scannow- that'll check the integrity of the windows files. you
    will need your xp cd

    Carl, Jul 17, 2006
  6. Mike

    Mike Guest

    Running... Wow that took a long time. SFC finished without a peep.

    The note in the ATI setup stated that it could not find a VGA adapter.
    I'm not sure what this means, however, reviewing Device Manager, there
    seems to be a couple of displays, one which is VGA the other which has
    nothing. I don't know is this is related to anything or just happy
    coincidence.

    Anyway, any other ideas?

    Mike, Jul 17, 2006
  7. Mike

    Mike Guest

    You know, I'm scanning through the [ATI.Mfg] and [ATI.Mfg.NTX86]
    sections... Now, I'm not an INF programmer, however, I do not see X1300
    represented anywhere in the driver list. Would this cause an issue
    during installation? Don't know. I'm really at a loss as to why the
    driver won't install, even after cleaning. I'll try cleaning in safe
    mode and see if that helps it at all.

    Mike, Jul 17, 2006
  8. Mike

    PhxGrunge Guest

    Boot up pressing F8 just after the bios boot, then select "Enable VGA Mode".
    This loads the VGA driver into the system, now install the ATI drivers.

    PhxGrunge, Jul 17, 2006
  9. Mike

    Mike Guest

    Hmm, okay. I didn't know this was an option. I will give this a try.
    Thanks.

    Mike, Jul 17, 2006
  10. Mike

    Mike Guest

    This did not work. I selected the option to Enable VGA mode and still
    it did not work. Inspection of my Display Adapter after this still
    showed no adapter associated with the display. Should I be installing
    in safe mode? At this point I am very nearly resigned to believe that
    the X1300 is a component that is unsupported from Windows XP Pro. Can
    anyone second this motion?

    Mike, Jul 18, 2006
  11. Mike

    Carl Guest

    uninstall and then reinstall the card, to check it is seated properly. This
    may be why device manager isnt reporting the primary and secondary together-
    does the card require a power input off the psu?

    Carl, Jul 18, 2006
  12. Mike

    Carl Guest

    I mean to remove the card from mainboard and put it back in again

    Carl, Jul 18, 2006
  13. This did not work. I selected the option to Enable VGA mode and still
    I encountered a similar error. I ended up using the WinXP SP2 CD to
    repair the WinXP installation first.

    --
    .~. Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY. http://www.linux-sxs.org
    /( _ )\ (Ubuntu 6.06) Linux 2.6.17.6

    Man-wai Chang, Jul 18, 2006
  14. Mike

    madmanali

    Joined:
    Oct 20, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Well you have hit the same problem I have head every 6months when I forget what I did to get this to work last time I reinstalled this card.

    ATI Radeon x1300 NOT x1300 pro
    thats all they need to say

    Sapphire and gigabyte made the x1300 pro and I think x1350 and having to change the driver every 6months and update there site as there cards dont fitt ATI's lovely system

    goto sapphiretech . com

    You will find a newly new driver there for it.

    madmanali, Oct 20, 2009