    say, 20 minutes after the hour, fast forward through the commercials,
    and still finish up at the same time as the normal show ends?

    (Am I making sense here?)

    Doug, Sep 13, 2003

  2. Yes & Yes. :)

    Do check your recording quality first though - that's quite an old card in
    computer terms & I don't know the full capability of your system...

    I have a Hercules AIW 8500DV on an Abit NF7 with a Barton 2500+ at 2.4GHz
    that I use for 'delay TV' all the time - it's great to be able to hit the
    pause button in the middle of a live program so you don't miss anything
    whilst making a cup of tea. :) Video capture during replay after a pause
    is the heaviest user of resources & this system manages it, no problem...

    [UK]_Nick...

    Nick M V Salmon, Sep 13, 2003

  3. Doug

    Doug Guest

    Thanks.

    So, if I understand it correctly, let's say I want to watch "The West
    Wing" with no commercials. It's on from 9:00 to 10:00 EST.

    1) Start the ATI TV Application
    2) When the show starts, hit "Pause"
    3) At around 9:20 EST, hit "Play"
    4) When commercials come, hit "Fast Forward"
    5) The computer should continue to record "behind the scenes" as I
    watch, essentially 20 minutes behind "live TV", and by skipping
    commercials I eventually "catch up" by 10:00 EST.

    Is that about right?

    Doug, Sep 13, 2003