    formats, some use bink, so it's not hard.

    So here's the question:
    Isn't there any ATI movie/logo saying "Ati - get in the game" or something?

    Asestar, May 7, 2004

  2. Asestar

    Mike P Guest

    ATI doesn't have to work so ghard trying to brainwash people because their
    hardware is good enough that owners don't need reassurence every time they
    start a game.

    Mike

    Mike P, May 8, 2004

  3. Asestar

    Dark Avenger Guest

    There is an ati logo for Unreal Tournament 2004 out :)

    But I now wear a spongebob logo in Unreal Tournament!

    Dark Avenger, May 8, 2004
  4. Asestar

    Villain Guest

    To me that's a pointless bit of advertising, anyway. I mean, think
    about it. Really. Unless it's demographic is someone in a store about
    to purchase a video card..... You (a, all ready have an NVidia card or
    (b, have a Radeon and couldn't care less.....

    The Intro ad in Painkiller is fairly amusing though.

    Villain

    Paranoia is just another word for longevity.

    Villain, May 8, 2004
  5. Asestar

    OverKlocker Guest

    NVIDIA! The way it's meant to be played

    i don't mind it to much cause most (if not all) those games run better
    on ATI cards

    OverKlocker, May 9, 2004
  6. Asestar

    Stoneskin Guest

    Can't really say I care about it. I don't scream at the TV when an ad
    comes on advertising a rival product to which I already own.

    It's just an ad - hit ESC like all the other intro junk and move on.

    Stoneskin, May 10, 2004

  7. Good point. You don't typically get upset when you hear Ford
    advertisments on the radio when driving in your Toyota, do you? Just
    ignore it.

    cK-Gunslinger, May 10, 2004
  8. Dude, don't read too much into this. If the makers of GameX said to
    ATi, "Hey, give us $X and we'll put your logo in the intro of our game,"
    don't you think ATi might agree? Indeed, look at the ATi/HL2 tie-ins.
    "Buy a Radeon, get a Half-Life 2 voucher!" It's called advertisements
    and endorsements. No more brainwashing than normal, just business as usual.

    cK-Gunslinger, May 10, 2004
  9. Asestar

    ANTant Guest

    Or if the game has a parameter to let you skip them like BF1942.
    --
    "Ants can carry twenty times their weight, which is useful information
    if you're moving out and you need help getting a potato chip across
    | |o o| | E-mail: or
    \ _ / Be sure you removed ANT from e-mail address if you get
    ( ) a returned e-mail.

    ANTant, May 10, 2004
  10. Asestar

    Asestar Guest

    Good point. You don't typically get upset when you hear Ford
    I usually tear the integrated radio out of my Toyota Avensis everytime they
    mension Mercedes E or C class on radio :) I'm on my 11th replacement set now
    :)

    No i guess it's not so important after all. I just wanted to have some ATI
    movie, to mod, that's all.

    Asestar, May 10, 2004
  11. Asestar

    Stoneskin Guest

    FWIW it's a game specific thing - and different games do them in
    different ways. I belive UT2004 uses a map to show the logo (and
    someone did make a replacement ATI one too) but others could use AVI,
    BIK or whatever. If you could find out what the game uses to display
    the logo then theres probably a way to mod it to ATI if you're so
    inclined.

    Stoneskin, May 11, 2004
  12. Asestar

    Asestar Guest

    Well, stoneskin, I did try to mention this exact thing in my original post.
    I know they use different formats, and i'm really into video-encoding and
    stuff. But reason i posted this was to "find" a source Ati movie, so that
    could be converted into spec. formats.

    Asestar, May 11, 2004
  13. Asestar

    Darthy Guest

    I have those games UT2003 & 2004 and Unreal... The funny thing I
    find about those logos is that... those games play great and better on
    the ATI cards! BWahahaha (I have both a 9800Pro and 5900 so there!)

    Remember: In the USA - it is dangeroud to draw or write about Heir Bush in a negative way. The police or SS are called, people threaten to kill you. (What country is this again?)

    - 15yr old boy in Washington was disciplined for drawing such images.
    - White House blows cover of an undercover agent because her husband said there were no WMD (before the USA started the war) - her job was finding terrorist. (This makes sense?)

    God bless the land of the free. Where you can burn the Constitution... Ashcroft does it every day.

    Darthy, May 12, 2004