    DRS Guest

    ATI Tray Tool 1.3.6.1402 causes a BSOD on exit. The STOP code is 08E in
    ati2mtag.sys. Catalyst 8.9. Any clues?

    DRS, Oct 2, 2008

  2. DRS

    pete Guest

    On Oct 2, 10:39 pm, "DRS" <> wrote:
    > ATI Tray Tool 1.3.6.1402 causes a BSOD on exit.  The STOP code is 08E in
    > ati2mtag.sys.   Catalyst 8.9.  Any clues?

    try ray adams ati tool tray instead

    pete, Oct 6, 2008

  3. DRS

    DRS Guest

    "pete" <> wrote in message
    > On Oct 2, 10:39 pm, "DRS" <> wrote:
    >> ATI Tray Tool 1.3.6.1402 causes a BSOD on exit. The STOP code is 08E
    >> in ati2mtag.sys. Catalyst 8.9. Any clues?

    > try ray adams ati tool tray instead

    How would that be different from the Ray Adams ATI Tray Tools that's causing
    my problem?

    DRS, Oct 7, 2008
  4. DRS

    DerekBaker Guest

    DerekBaker, Oct 7, 2008
  5. DRS

    DRS Guest

    "DerekBaker" <> wrote in message
    > * DRS:
    >> ATI Tray Tool 1.3.6.1402 causes a BSOD on exit. The STOP code is
    >> 08E in ati2mtag.sys. Catalyst 8.9. Any clues?

    > What card?

    Asus EAH4850.

    > Have you tried the latest beta?
    > http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Video-Tweak/ATI-Tray-Tools.shtml

    Having just switched to ATI I was using the official ATI TT release to get a
    feel for it. I didn't want to play with betas at this early stage. Anyway,
    I've found the ATI TT forum at Guru3d and posted this problem in there.

    DRS, Oct 7, 2008
  6. DRS

    DRS Guest

    "KCB" <> wrote in message

    [...]

    > I didn't see the first part of this thread, and was wondering if
    > you're also using the ASUS utilities that came with the card. I
    > think they may interfere with TT, or vice versa, the same way that
    > running CCC wouldn't be good with TT. I have been using TT forever
    > and never had a problem, but have not used it in my newer machine,
    > which has the same ASUS card as yours. It was hard enough just
    > getting drivers to work with the damn thing when it came out. But
    > since it's been working, it's a great card.

    I have tried both the Asus GamerOSD (nice idea but clumsy) and Smart Doctor
    (nice idea but clumsy in a different way) and uninstalled them.

    DRS, Oct 8, 2008