ATI TV WONDER 650 PCI sucks...

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by BtheG, Aug 3, 2007.

  1. BtheG

    BtheG

    ...due to its INABILITY to record progressive or 720p free-to-air HDTV channels without mucking up the A/V sync.

    I have had the same ATI trouble ticket open for over six (6) months and the MORONS at ATI do not have a CLUE or FIX for this problem. Recording a 30 minute, 720p free-to-air TV program using ATI's CMC software results in an audio/video sync delay of over one second.

    With all MS updates, including .NET Runtime 2.0 or greater (i.e. 3.0), I have both, and DirectX 9.0c with the latest version of quartz.dll, I have 6.5.2600.2749 and ATI requires version 6.5.2600.2524 or newer, all media players, including Nero, Windows and ATI, show the same A/V delay after only 30 minutes of play using the ATI TV WONDER 650 recorded .mpg (MPEG-2) file.

    I have the PCI version and all the latest ATI driver updates, including the critical ATI Unified AVStream Driver, version 6.14.10.244, and the latest drivers for both my ATI X1300PRO graphics card, and SigmaTel HD Audio CODEC.

    ATI's tech support MORONS must be rejects from McDonald's, which is clearly a serious insult to any burger flipper or French fry bagger - for that, I apologize to all current and former McDonald's employees.

    If I knew it was going to take ATI over 30 days - again, its been over six (6) months - to resolve this A/V sync problem, I would have taken their B.S. card back to BB and got my $110 back.

    The card and software have no problem recording 1080i programs, but most of the free-to-air HDTV stations in my area are all switching over to 720p.

    If ATI's TV WONDER 650 could wash my car, I would keep it. However, since it cannot, it will likely go cheaply at eBay for less than $75 shipped. Then again, I may simply give a friend in Sunnyvale CA (also corporate headquarters for ATI/AMD) power-of-attorney and file a small claims law suit against Hector Ruiz, CEO, AMD/ATI, for failing to support their FAULTY product/software, the TV WONDER 650 PCI/Catalyst Media Center to get my $110 plus tax back.

    With obvious disdain for this product and due apologies to this forum, respectfully,

    BtheG

    BtheG, Aug 3, 2007