    change to an ATI card. Are there any issues when using an ATI card with the
    nVidia chipset?

    Neil

    Neil H., Oct 22, 2006

  2. Neil H.

    First of One Guest

    No, should work just fine.

    First of One, Oct 22, 2006

  3. Neil H.

    Bill Guest

    None that I've ever run into. Of course they're many different Nvidia
    chipsets and many different ATI cards. I just bought an ATI 9800PRO to
    put in an ASUS A7N8X Deluxe motherboard that the Matrox G400 Max had
    finally gone tits up in.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814195027

    Not a bad card that would be a nice step up from your FX5500.

    http://www.tomshardware.com/2005/07/05/vga_charts_vii/index.html

    Bill

    Bill, Oct 22, 2006
  4. Neil H.

    Neil H. Guest

    Neil H., Oct 22, 2006
  5. Neil H.

    Neil H. Guest

    Sure would, but unfortunately I don't think the Biostar iDEQ's 200W power
    supply (which is non-standard) would be up to handling a 9800Pro.

    Thanks very much for the heads-up though! I've had a hankering for a 9800Pro
    for quite a while, and the last time I looked for one on NewEgg they didn't
    have any. So I'll order that one for another machine, and try a 9600Pro in
    this little guy.
    Thanks for that too! For some reason I can never find those charts on Tom's
    when I look for them, and I think they are really useful.

    Neil

    Neil H., Oct 22, 2006
  6. Neil H.

    Geoff Guest

    nope, no problem

    Geoff, Oct 23, 2006
  7. Thanks, Geoff.

    Neil Harrington, Oct 23, 2006
  8. The AGP video card I swap in the agp pro slot ATI Radeon x800 256meg DDR (12 pipes)
    YES! I pulled the Nvidia something out of my HP a530n and stuck in the ATI 9800pro (whoa), then the ATI x800 (whoa)(whoa). 8x, fast writes, combining on, sitting on top of a nvidia agp slot. heh
    -----------------------------

    HP a530n -- Asus mainboard AMD Athlon "clawhammer" 64 3200+ (2.0ghz cpu, 200mhz HTT, 200MHz memory, 2x512 PC3200 400ddr cas 2
    PCI, AGP Pro/8X ® nvidia® nforce 150 chipset

    AMD 64 2.00 gig hz, 1 gig PC3200 400mhz ddr (2x512meg)
    2 each Corsair CMX512-3200C2 Xms3202v3.1 0410031-0 (all the numbers for you)
    Xms3200 512mb 400mhz CL2, Ultra-performance DDR memory, Extreme Memory Speed XMS. The important thing to remember here is that "CL2". I noticed some Kingston XMS is still CL3.

    To help me sort out my AMD 64 3200+ bus timing problems I use CPU-Z and clockgen which also allows user tweaks to voltage's and Frequencies (multipliers).

    http://www.smokeypoint.com/My_PC.htm

    ** no Fate **

    dracman

    http://www.smokeypoint.org/wow/worldofwarcraft1.html

    Aliase female hume rogue lvl 52 PVE solo
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=i0LZ0xVooZEMxk0hRk
    4/12/27

    Zebby female NE Huntress lvl 52 / Aja nightstalker cat lvl 51 (bite,prowl)
    PVE solo
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=cwZEVoht0xkx
    6/30/7

    Dr. Richard Cranium, Oct 23, 2006
  9. Neil H.

    Dr Teeth Guest

    I was just thinking how wonderful life was, when "Neil H."
    None, but you will notice some differences in the text on screen at
    bootup. One of the cards forces a system memory check and the other
    does not. I found this using both a 6600GT and X800 in the same NV2
    system.

    --
    Cheers,

    Guy