Ati vs via

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by aperich2, Aug 19, 2010.

  1. aperich2

    aperich2

    Joined:
    Aug 19, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    i have a ati chipset 478 board acer t350

    which is really a GA-8TRS350M Gigabyte retail board

    than i have a ASRock P4VM800 via chipset retail board

    trying to decide which one to use for a p4 for my little kids (i know its old)
    the acer had dual channel memory for ddr400
    the asrock is a single channel also when i use both sticks of memory it runs it slower 200 mhz one slot 166 other slot. i have two sticks of 1 gig ddr 400 dual channel memory this was how the board was made reading the manual so no problems

    the acer has no good bios options but runs memory faster. also cupid will not show memory info so im left to wonder if it even running in dual channel or not my ? is whtch one would you guys use if you were me. thanks

    had links but had to take them out fourm rules

    aperich2, Aug 19, 2010