    Has anyone ever been able to get a new fan without sending the card back?

    --

    Rob

    Rob G, Jan 2, 2004

  2. Rob G

    Heywood Guest

    On Thu, 1 Jan 2004 18:00:54 -0600, "Rob G"
    <> wrote:

    > I think it is absolutely ridiculous to send my 9700pro back to ATI just for
    >a fan
    >replacement. I went through the whole RMA process and asked for just the
    >fan
    >to be sent because it takes 2 minutes to replace. Ati tech support replied
    >
    >Regarding a replacement fan:
    >Unfortunately we do not stock replacement fans for our customers to perform
    >their own repairs. You would have to send the whole card in to be repaired.
    >
    > Has anyone ever been able to get a new fan without sending the card back?

    You might want to check out an alternate solution...works better
    anyway and about $22! Artic cooler for 9700
    http://www.svc.com/arcovgasilsu.html

    Heywood, Jan 2, 2004

  3. Rob G

    Spencer Guest

    Hi Rob, Where do u live?
    I have a spare from my 9700pro going. Replaced with Zalman.

    Spence

    Spencer, Jan 2, 2004