    paycheck, overheat your room, and destroy your power supply, then you should
    consider it.

    Bill Crocker

    Bill Crocker, Apr 6, 2006

  2. Bill Crocker

    First of One Guest

    UT2004, Call of Duty, and Half Life 2 are "old" games now, and do not stress
    cards from even two years ago. You can run them with an inexpensive X700 and
    still enable all the visuals.

    Try something like F.E.A.R. or Oblivion...

    First of One, Apr 7, 2006

  3. Bill Crocker

    DDC Guest

    Could you tell us what brand it is and if it is a pro or a tx or a
    512mb?
    I plan to get a xt version from power color the bravo one it is very
    cheap vs it's performance at 1024x768x32.

    DDC, Apr 7, 2006
  4. Bill Crocker

    Bill Crocker Guest

    It's an "ATI" X1600 PRO with 512MB. I paid $249.99.

    Bill Crocker

    Bill Crocker, Apr 7, 2006
  5. Bill Crocker

    DDC Guest

    It looks interresting who much does it score with 3dmark05 ?

    DDC, Apr 8, 2006
  6. Bill Crocker

    rdboswell Guest

    I would have to agree about the card being under estimated. I bought my
    card before I read all the head-to-head tests in all the magz and
    online zines. I was a little dismayed by the results and I started to
    believe I had purchased a real clunker lol.

    I bought my card from NewEgg around March 2nd or 3rd 2006 and it is a
    Sapphire X1600 PRO 512mb with dual DVI, S-video out, HDTV out, and
    conventional analog adapter. It runs fine.

    I am running it on 2-year-old, liquid cooled, 3.2ghz, 1500mb PC3200
    RAM, MediaCenterEdition Sony Vaio VGC-RA710G PC. It is connected first
    to a 19.??-inch widescreen ViewSonic Monitor and I have the 2nd video
    output connected to a 42-inch Toshiba rear-projection TV which we use
    to watch movies all the time and the quality has greatly improved since
    using the card.

    I don't have any of the latest games; I just play UT2004 (which still
    kicks plenty of ASS in the Fun Department!) and America's Army v2.6.0.
    They both run smoothly.

    It does cause my Vaio to work hard at staying cool, but that is ONLY
    because I have come to realize that Sony outfits their computers with a
    piece-of-sh*t power supply that cannot be upgraded due to its
    proprietary configuration...in other words...upgradging to new
    equipment on a Vaio means having a power supply that is inadequate for
    upgrades...and you're just Stuck-Like-Chuck!

    But I'm happy with the card.

    Good luck!

    Peace & Hairgrease, Pimps & PimpeTTes :)

    rdboswell, May 7, 2006
  7. Bill Crocker

    idiscuss Guest

    how come the X1600 I found are all One DVI, one VGA? Sapphire brand.

    idiscuss, May 7, 2006