    Does anyone know how much battery usage the ATI X300 uses over the Intel
    integrated GPU?

    Any input is greatly appreciated.

    Col. Mustard, Feb 19, 2006

  2. Col. Mustard

    Margolotta Guest

    Why the hell
    Are you buying a Dell?
    When for the same price, er
    A Mac is much nicer.

    Margolotta, Feb 19, 2006

  3. Col. Mustard

    Margolotta Guest

    Margolotta <> wrote in message

    Margolotta, Feb 19, 2006
  4. Col. Mustard

    answers Guest

    I cant quantify the difference in battery usage, but battery usage will
    increase slightly.

    However, since the graphics card has its own memory/processor it relies
    less on the system resources. Allowing for CAD program to utilise the
    system resources. This would certainly aid battery life.

    Fan noise, temprature may be inevitable.

    If you want to get more out of your battery then have a look at the
    following link.

    http://groups.google.co.uk/group/Laptop-Battery-FAQ/browse_thread/thread/2d49c7f96458814d?hl=en

    Hope this helps.

    Regards