    wondering if a new Athlon64 mainboard with the Xpress 200 onboard GPU would
    be any faster.

    Opinions? Facts? Rumors? Any info appreciated.

    Gonzo, Nov 13, 2004

  2. Gonzo

    Glitch Guest

    The x300 Gpu is as fast as the 9200(maybe a little faster) and you would
    be wasting money if you want to upgrade to Athlon64(high-end) and a
    X300(low-end).I'd suggest taking a combo of nForce4 mobo,a mid-end
    Athlon64 and X600.
    But it all depends on what you will do with the system,is it gaming or
    writing texts.

    Glitch, Nov 13, 2004

  3. Gonzo

    Gonzo Guest

    Well Im also waiting to see what the 200P can do as it is geared towards the
    gamer. It's said the with this chipset, manufacturers can add dedicated
    video memory to their boards for 3d with option to use UMA. I guess it's
    all up to what the board makers do with it.

    Im crossing my fingers as this looks like onboard 3D will finally be
    competing and comparable to stand alone GPU cards with the option to upgrade
    via the PCI-E slot.

    Gonzo, Nov 14, 2004