atisgkaf.sys hangs, chkdsk/r hangs at 50%

Discussion in 'Shuttle' started by kotya, Oct 27, 2004.

  1. kotya

    kotya Guest

    Hello,

    I have:
    Compaq Pressario 2100 Laptop, XP Home.

    The problem:
    It doesn't boot (keeps rebooting if you leave it on its own).
    Booting in Safe Mode hangs at __ atisgkaf.sys ___ , then BSOD -- and
    reboots again.

    I tried:
    Boot from Compaq Operating System CD: Microsoft Windows XP Home SP1
    Run chkdsk /r . Hangs at 50% (more than 20min, no result). Have to
    reboot.
    Run fixboot -- new bootsector was succesfully written.
    Run chkdsk /r again . Hangs at 50%, even no sound of harddrive
    rotation :(
    Run dir . Writes: Directory of C:\ An error occured during directory
    enumeration.

    Boot from XP installation CD -- same result :(

    Note: The fan keeps running like crazy, hot air is coming out. I
    checked the vent slots, they seem ok.

    I would appreciate any help,

    Kotya

    kotya, Oct 27, 2004

  2. This is a group for shuttle PCs, you would be better off in a Compaq
    or Microsoft group but it sounds to me as though its screwed.

    I like Toys and Cake, Oct 27, 2004

  3. kotya

    David Jones Guest

    I have had the same problem from time to time....try shutting down and
    removing all power.

    David Jones, Nov 4, 2004