ATITool Max Core and Mem settings

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Gingangooli, Jan 23, 2005.

  1. Gingangooli

    Gingangooli Guest

    Folks, Some while back I bought a Powercolor 9800Pro 128MB, 256bit, 8
    pipelines...or so I thought.

    Turns out its running at 325/290 instead of 380/340.. but it definitely
    is a 128MB, 256bit, 8 p/l enabled board (R350 GPU), so I have been
    swindled a bit but considering the price I got it for, that isnt the
    grumble here.

    Using ATITool, it appears I can crank the GPU up to 380, but the memory
    fails at about 320. So my question is this....

    Is there any recommendation as to what I should set the GPU/Mem clocks
    to if I choose to overclock it (from 325/290) ?

    e.g. Let say I set the memory to 315, then is it recommended that I DONT
    set the GPU to 380, for whatever the reason? Any recommended ratios,
    etc, etc.

    TIA

    Ginga

    Gingangooli, Jan 23, 2005

  2. Gingangooli

    Glitch Guest

    I believe the 9800 vanilla runs at those clocks.Check it out a little on
    the net.

    Glitch, Jan 23, 2005

  3. Gingangooli

    Gingangooli Guest

    Correct !

    But that wasnt my question. Like I said someone somewhere "pulled at
    fast one" i.e. the retailer or wholesaler did a little bit of "box
    decoration" to turn a 9800 to a 9800Pro.... and I fell for it, but I
    still got a good deal money-wise, so Im not concerned about that.

    IT was the usage of ATITool to set the clocks that concerned me more.

    Thanks anyway

    Ginga

    Gingangooli, Jan 23, 2005
  4. Gingangooli

    Gingangooli Guest

    Just incase anyone is interested in "how" I got duped....hopefully this
    url will show you a photo of the box the card came in:
    http://tinyurl.com/5mpt8

    :-(

    Gingangooli, Jan 23, 2005
  5. Gingangooli

    First of One Guest

    Nope, no ratios, no sync, nada. Just crank up the core and memory separately
    to their respective maximums before any artifacts can be seen.

    First of One, Jan 23, 2005
  6. Gingangooli

    Sleepy Guest

    Do NOT just throw the speeds up to those recommended by Atitool - I tried it
    with my 9700 and it gave me 370+ for the core and around 310 for the memory
    but thats bollocks - I can get about 290 on the memory (from 270) and 320 on
    the core. If I push it higher its ok for a while but soon shows artifacts.
    My card came with heatsinks on the RAM and back of the core too so its got
    plenty of cooling. Atitool is not to be trusted.

    Sleepy, Jan 24, 2005