    difference : (
    Regards
    Patrick

    Patrick E. King, Jul 18, 2005

  2. Patrick E. King

    Ben Myers Guest

    Once a year, whether or not a PowerLeap, is sound preventative maintenance.
    More often if the environment is especially dusty or dirty, or if there are dogs
    and cats around. Or if the owner of the computer is moulting... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Jul 18, 2005

  3. The important point though, with the Powerleap, is to remove the fan from
    the CPU heatsink in order to vacuum it properly.
    Patrick

    Patrick E. King, Jul 19, 2005
  4. Patrick E. King

    Ed Guest

    I had this same Powerleap upgrade on an 1999 Essential 500. I used
    compressed air (Canned Air) to clean it without removing the fan &
    heat sink instead of taking it all apart and vacuuming it and that
    seemed to always keep it clean and cool. Now that I run White Boxes,
    I still use the same method on those units without any dust or lent
    left behind.

    Regards,
    Ed

    Ed, Jul 19, 2005