    supply from an AT? Any advice on the subject would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance..

    David

    David Rhodes, Nov 27, 2004

  2. David Rhodes

    tonys Guest

    no problems at all...........

    tonys, Nov 27, 2004

  3. David Rhodes

    Roger Hunt Guest

    I used both kinds on my 503+, without problems, and have a dim memory of
    the jumper on the motherboard.

    Roger Hunt, Nov 28, 2004
  4. David Rhodes

    Wblane Guest

    Roger's right you have to set a jumper or the ATX PSU probably won't work
    right.

    Wblane, Dec 2, 2004
  5. David Rhodes

    David Rhodes Guest

    Well, I have tried it and no luck so far. I set the jumper hook up the
    power supply and .....nothing....no power.
    I remember reading somewhere about using an ATX PS you need ACPI power
    management. I have the bios JE439 (APM). Anyway....any help is
    appreciated.

    Thanks,

    David

    David Rhodes, Dec 5, 2004
  6. David Rhodes

    Robert Akins Guest

    You have a momentary contact power switch with a 2-pin connector plugged
    into the motherboard, right? Are you sure you have the power switch
    connector on the correct pins on the header? To be specific, the RPW_SW?
    Try clearing the CMOS with the battery removed? This is a known good power
    supply, right? External rocker switch on power supply turned to on,
    correct?
    Robert

    Robert Akins, Dec 5, 2004
  7. David Rhodes

    David Rhodes Guest

    The PS is brand new right out of the box, Antec 350W Smartpower. The
    only connections out of the PS are the main, the periphs, the floppy
    drive connection, an aux connector which looks like one half of the AT
    main power connector, a 12v 4pin connector (but I have seen nowhere on
    the MB for this one), and a 3 pin fan power connector. The power
    switch is 4 pin, different kind of connection though, and was with the
    old AT PS. Yes external switch is on.

    Thanks
    David

    David Rhodes, Dec 5, 2004
  8. ATX PS and mb is totally different than AT in terms of how it is
    connected and functions.

    1. ATX requires a different pushbutton system start-up than the AT
    (AT uses continuous 4-wire on-or-off, ATX uses a momentary
    switch), so the switch needs to be changed to the correct type.

    2. The momentary switch now needs to be connected to the ATX pins
    on the mb (same strip as the HDD lights, etc).

    3. Set the AT/ATX PS header to ATX.

    4. Connect the PS to the mb (I think this only goes one way).

    Should now start when both the PS is turned on AND the momentary
    button is hit.

    Regards, Jerry

    Gerald Abrahamson, Dec 5, 2004
  9. David Rhodes

    Robert Akins Guest

    Exactly. Won't work without a new 2-wire momentary power switch which plugs
    into the RPW_SW header on the motherboard, next to the HDD LED and Power LED
    connectors. See example at this page:
    http://www.pccables.com/03201.htm
    Robert

    Robert Akins, Dec 6, 2004
  10. Until you get a momentary power switch, try touching a screwdriver to
    the 2 power pins on the motherboard for a second or two. You can also
    try connecting the "reset" button to the power switch pins and use that
    in the meantime.

    --Alex

    Alex Zorrilla, Dec 8, 2004