    passed on to the analog output of the card as well?

    Thanks
    Rajil

    Rajil Saraswat, Nov 23, 2004

  2. Rajil Saraswat

    Lenny Guest

    Must be some very SPECIAL Audigy2 ZS then, because none of the versions
    available in stores have that feature...
    What is it you want to do, watch DVD movies with DTS soundtracks? In that
    case you need to buy a DVD player software which features DTS decoding. This
    would then work on any soundcard, and not just the ZS.

    Lenny, Nov 23, 2004

  3. When the card's set to decode the AC-3 or DTS bitstream, and yer DVD
    player's set to send the signal out through the s/c's SPDIF, the s/c
    intercepts the bitstream and decodes it and send the output through the
    analogue speaker outputs, so you should be alright.

    Sharanga Dayananda, Nov 23, 2004
  4. BTW Rajil, the decoder on the Audigy is a software decoder, done on the
    host CPU and not on the card itself.

    Sharanga Dayananda, Nov 23, 2004