    http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/creative-audigy2-zs/index.html. It
    is the middle one of the three line outs.

    Thanks in advance.

    LineOut, Apr 3, 2008

  2. LineOut

    LineOut Guest

    One more bit of information: two of the three line outs have failed,
    not just one. The two that have failed are the fifth and sixth holes
    on the back of the card, if one is counting from the left on a pic
    such as the one at
    http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/creative-audigy2-zs/index.html.

    LineOut, Apr 3, 2008

  3. LineOut

    LineOut Guest

    Thanks for the suggestions. Here's some new info that might help solve
    this frustrating problem. I bought a new sound card, an Audigy 2 (not
    ZS) and installed it. It installed fine, according to Windows, but it
    had exactly the same problem that my original sound card had, i.e.,
    two of the three line outs will not work. So, I removed the new card,
    replaced my original card back into my computer, made sure that the
    Audigy 2 ZS had the most recent drivers, and the prob persists.

    And a plug-in that I use for recording in Cubase, Ivory (acoustic
    piano), that normally produces a beautiful realistic piano sound, now
    sounds terribly distorted. I suspect that the sound card problem and
    the Ivory problem are related, since they both deal with audio and
    they both failed at the same time. Confusingly, other plug-in's (bass
    guitar, etc.) do not sound distorted.

    Any idea what is going on here, and a fix for it? TIA.

    LineOut, Apr 18, 2008