Audigy: Front channels coming through _one_ speaker.

Discussion in 'Soundcards' started by Paul Moloney, Sep 4, 2003.

  1. Paul Moloney

    Paul Moloney Guest

    I have a very weird problem. I have an Audigy card
    with Four Point Surround (FPS1600) speakers. Yesterday
    I noticed the sound didn't seem normal; when I ran
    the speaker test, both the front left _and_ front right
    channel came out of the front left speaker, and nothing
    comes from the front right speaker. The rear speakers
    work as normal. Swapping the connections, the sound came
    from the front right speaker, so the speaker wasn't the problem.

    I've tried uninstalling Audigy (which crashed my
    machine, but that's a side point), then tried
    uninstalling and reinstalling all the accompanying
    software. I also ran the Diagnostics tool and
    reset all values to the default. None of this has
    made a difference. I've tried setting my number
    of speakers to both 4 and to 5.1.

    Does anyone know how two channels might possibly be
    output to _one_ speaker?

    Thanks,

    P.

    ;