Audigy sound cuts out on Halo cut-scenes

Discussion in 'Soundblaster Live' started by Mart, Oct 27, 2003.

  1. Mart

    Mart Guest

    I'm having problems with Halo on the movie
    sequences, the sound disappears & reappears
    at various intervals throughout the scene.
    Gameplay sound is fine, it's only the movies.

    I've got the latest Creative Labs Audigy
    drivers (5.12.1.383)and the Halo patch 1.02.

    I've noticed a few forums with this problem (and some
    people with no sound at all) but no-one seems to
    know how to cure it.

    Has anyone here cured the problem?

    Specs:

    Win XP Pro
    1.8Ghz Athlon XP 2200+
    1Gb PC2100 DDR RAM
    80Gb Hard Disk
    8Gb secondary Hard Disk
    Samsung SM-352B CDROM
    Creative Labs Audigy Gamer

    Mart, Oct 27, 2003

  2. Mart

    Philburg2 Guest

    Im pretty sure thats an EAX thing, so disable EAX and hardware sound.
    Luckily I knew the story line so I didn't care.

    Philburg2, Oct 28, 2003

  3. Mart

    annoyed tuna Guest

    Gearbox software have admitted theres a problem and say it will be
    addressed in the next patch.

    The only way I know to fix it is to disable hardware sound in the
    options menu. However, you lose EAX and 5.1 surround sound in the game
    if you do this. If you only have stereo speakers, this won't bother
    you too much.

    The problem occurs in both Audigy and Audigy 2 sound cards but does
    not seem to affect soundblaster live users.

    annoyed tuna, Oct 29, 2003