Audigy -vs- C-media

Discussion in 'Soundblaster Live' started by SL, Jul 22, 2003.

  1. SL

    SL Guest

    Hello all,

    Love my sound blaster x-gamer live. I port the sound to a 5.1 home theater
    and also a decent pair of analog creative speakers for quieter play. It has
    served faithfully.

    I do like the extras the newer live cards offer like remote control and
    built in 5.1 decoding. I now am ready to move to my latest motherboard/cpu
    combo that will have the 333/400 fsb and faster ram capabilities. To keep
    the budget down, I see a lot of motherboards featuring the c-media chip and
    offers digital I/O on some as well.

    Here is what im dealing with I figure.

    1- carry x-gamer over to new system

    2- get audigy or best creative card for new system and save x-gamer for
    lower backup pc

    3- use the c-media on new machine and save x-gamer for lower backup pc

    one other small question. Does anyone make a laptop using the creative
    chips for digital i/o ?

    thanks group,

    SL

    SL, Jul 22, 2003