Audigy2ZS+Creative 7.1 and weird sounds

Discussion in 'Soundblaster Live' started by Martijn van Leeuwen, Aug 20, 2004.

  1. Hello,

    I have a Audigy 2 Plat ZS with 7.1 soundset from Creative.
    When I play games or listen to mp3 there is a strange cracking noise
    from the 2 middle speakers.
    I've tried upgrading the drivers, still the same problem.
    Completely reinstalled Windows and the drivers from the supplied CD,
    incl audocenter,etc. Still the same noise.
    Repeated the above after switching the soundcart to a different PCI
    slot. Still the same problem.
    If I swith the to speaker to center and move the center speakers to the
    middle, same problem. So the speakers aren't broken.

    This problem arose a month ago, before that everything was fine.
    Anyone else who had the same problem and was able to fix it ?

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Regards,

    Martijn

    (Be aware Spam filter in use)

    Martijn van Leeuwen, Aug 20, 2004

  2. Martijn van Leeuwen

    Lenny Guest

    This problem arose a month ago, before that everything was fine.
    Stick your soundcard in another PC and see if the problem remains, if so,
    your soundcard is busted. Return to point of purchase for replacement.

    Lenny, Aug 20, 2004

  3. Martijn van Leeuwen

    Karen Parker Guest

    Faulty card take it back..

    Karen Parker, Aug 21, 2004
  4. I'm gonna try and see if it works in a different PC.
    Hope it does.

    Thanks for the replies,

    Martijn

    Martijn van Leeuwen, Aug 22, 2004