    and not plug in the cable and not lose any functionality except maybe front
    panel audio?
    thanks

    dontb, Sep 11, 2004

  2. dontb

    Ted Zieglar Guest

    The wire connects the sound card to the front headphone jack, making that
    arrangement proprietary. You can replace the sound card, but you'll give up
    the ability to use the front headphone jack. Unless you upgrade to another
    card from Dell that was designed for that arrangement. Aside from that, you
    will lose nothing.

    Ted Zieglar

    Ted Zieglar, Sep 11, 2004

  3. dontb