    download a driver if I need one?

    Thanks,
    GN

    genenamg, Mar 21, 2006

  2. genenamg

    Ben Myers Guest

    Go to the HPaq web site, enter the model of the system, and see if there are XP
    audio drivers available for download. If so, download and install. If not,
    open up the chassis and look for an audio chip, likely made by ADI, the market
    leader in on-board audion chips. Write down the markings on the chip. The chip
    model will be something like ADI1885, i.e. the letters ADI followed by a
    four-digit identifier. Go to the ADI web site and download the so-called
    reference drivers available from most every chip manufacturer. The reference
    drivers are rarely different than the drivers shipped and installed on a
    name-brand system.

    If you received any driver CDs with the system, they are another source of audio
    drivers.

    The root issue here is that the system and audio chip were designed after XP Pro
    shipped, so there are no drivers for the chip on the XP Pro CD.

    Finally, look at the device drivers in Control Panel and make sure that the
    motherboard chipset drivers are installed and operational... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Mar 21, 2006

  3. genenamg

    Harry Guest

    open device manager and see for any detected audio device right click and
    install device and allow the wizard to look on internet for drivers

    also make sure that the windows audio service is not disbled which by
    default is enabled in windows xp

    Harjeet

    Harry, Mar 21, 2006