    - Sigma Tel High Definition Audi CODEC

    Can anyone help me?
    Thanks

    Florian Schaeffer, Nov 3, 2007

  2. Florian Schaeffer

    S.Lewis Guest

    (***Re-post from 09.28.07 from Moonshine regarding XP audio/video drivers
    for a Vostro 1700. Seems to indicate he used drivers from the Inspiron 1720
    on the Dell site, perhaps?)

    (paste)

    i installed every driver listed in the xp driver page for the vostro 1700.

    i also tried to install some of the vista drivers without success.

    the sigma audio drivers i found on a inspiron page. without them i had no
    sound except the popular "ding".

    my pc has the nvidia 8400m gs graphics card. i found the laptopvideo2go
    website (excelent resource) and used a driver with a modified inf file to
    fix the slow jumpie screen.

    DELL should have had them on the xp driver page.

    Do you have a vostro 1700?

    S.Lewis, Nov 3, 2007

  3. S.Lewis schrieb am 03.11.2007 14:38:
    Ahh. That works. I use the Inspiron 1500 drivers.

    Thanks

    Florian Schaeffer, Nov 3, 2007
  4. Florian Schaeffer

    Tom Scales Guest

    Try the drivers for the 1500 and even 1400. Also try the drivers for
    the Inspiron 9400.

    Just keep trying similar drivers.

    Unfortunately, this isn't a machine that Dell currently offers with XP,
    so they have no need to support it.

    They will NOT help you, as you purchased it with Vista. They will
    support you with Vista.

    Tom Scales, Nov 27, 2007