    back. Any suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Monica

    Monica, Jul 11, 2005

  2. Monica

    Kevin Guest

    Did you look in Control Panel>Printers and Other Hardware>Keyboards?

    Kevin, Jul 11, 2005

  3. Monica

    Monica Guest

    Well of course :) Thanks for the suggestion tho.

    Monica, Jul 11, 2005
  4. Monica

    User N Guest

    TweakUI provides the ability to define custom actions for keyboards
    that have extra navigation keys. Never played around with it though.
    If you wanna try, the download can be found on this page:

    Run it, double click on Explorer to expand it, then click on Command
    Keys.

    User N, Jul 11, 2005
  5. Monica

    S.Lewis Guest

    Check the bottom of the USB mm keyboard. If it is a Dell RT7D10, then
    you're looking for Dell Touch (netropa) driver R50535.exe.(at the Dell FTP
    site; ftp://ftp.dell.com/input/ ) or perhaps Dell USB/PS2 keyboard driver
    here: http://www.netropa.com/download/mmkbd/download.html#upgrades

    The RT7D10 has a total of (7) hotkeys across the top; volume up, down,
    browser home, next, previous, email.

    The software is buggy and not worth the hassle, imo ...

    The software association with your audio player can be set in control
    panel/keyboard/properties/delltouch....(set key)

    Stew

    S.Lewis, Jul 11, 2005
  6. Monica

    Monica Guest

    The model number is SK-8135. I typed it in at the Dell website before
    asking for help here. The only thing it pulled up was a owner's manual
    which was absolutely no help. Someone else emailed me personally about the
    DellTouch download but I don't think it's for this keyboard. I don't
    understand how/why the feature on the console changed.

    Monica, Jul 11, 2005
  7. Monica

    Monica Guest

    I have this on my backup drive. I'll give it a try. Thanks

    Monica, Jul 11, 2005
  8. Monica

    Monica Guest

    Monica, Jul 11, 2005
  9. Monica

    S.Lewis Guest

    S.Lewis, Jul 11, 2005
  10. Monica

    S.Lewis Guest

    S.Lewis, Jul 11, 2005
  11. Monica

    Monica Guest

    Thanks, but my keyboard isn't supported by the DellTouch drivers. I
    have the Dimension 8400. I installed it anyway, just in case, but it was a
    no
    go. A couple of months ago it was determined by others on this newsgroup
    that my keyboard wasn't customizable. What
    I can't figure out is why the "music note" button now opens a different
    program.
    Monica

    Monica, Jul 11, 2005
  12. Monica

    Monica Guest

    User N, bless your heart! The TweakUI program did the trick :) I still
    have the burning question "Why" it changed in the first place, but at least
    it's fixable :))
    Monica

    Monica, Jul 11, 2005