Audio interfaces survey

Discussion in 'Soundcards' started by Olivier Tache, Dec 2, 2005.

  1. Hi,

    I'm currently working on a very general survey of digital audio
    interfaces, but i'm unfortunately lacking practical experience on the
    subject. It would be very kind if those who are willing to could briefly
    tell me about the typical issues they encounter when dealing with sound
    cards (latency, D/A and A/D conversion, etc.) or provide pointers to
    ressources that could help me in my *quest* (apart from those wich have
    already been given here a few months ago).

    One of the points that i would like to clarify in my study is the
    history of professional audio interfaces. It is easy to find on the web
    several overviews of PC sound cards history (which originates in the
    need for sound in games) but i'm wondering whether manufacturers like
    digidesign, echo (and much others) come from the same domain or rather
    from professional applications (digital recording and editing,
    electronic music, etc.)

    Do you think of other and maybe more appropriated places where i should
    ask these questions?

    Thanks a lot.

    Best,
    Olivier