    9.06 and dvd high setting to record as had problems with later tv
    software ie. 9.13 and Ati said to use 9.06. Is there some setting or a
    patch/update to correct this and are others expieriencing this.

    tree, Jul 17, 2006

  2. tree

    William Guest

    Yes, this is a common problem with video from TV cards and satellite
    sources. Audio seems to have priority for processing, and sometimes the
    video becomes delayed while other work is being done by the computer. I
    have also seen raw A/V from TV out of sync, and noticeable as I watch it off
    the air. In other words, your source could be bad before you receive it.
    Be aware.

    I have been fighting this for two years. Most of the time it is
    unnoticeable, but once a while it is real bad. Video delay is often
    introduced into the a/v stream as the information is processed through the
    routing equipment of the satellite channel, TV station, video editing
    equipment, distribution amps, effects equipment, and more. (Frame store
    equipment delay video by 1/60 of a second on each pass-through, so if the
    user does not delay the audio equally, a noticeable difference can be
    detected after 3 or 4 pass throughs.) I do not have a solution, however,
    their is professional software that will allow the timing of the audio
    channel to be delayed as necessary.

    Be sure nothing else is running on your computer when you are recording a/v.
    Be aware of the delay from the original source. If your information is
    important enough, and the delay is bad enough, look into purchasing delaying
    software. Personally, it's not bad enough for me to spend any money so far.

    William

    William, Jul 18, 2006

  3. tree

    First of One Guest

    Audio sync issues usually occur when the source and destination video
    formats have different framerates (e.g. 25, 29.97, or 30 fps).

    At what stage does the audio fall out of sync? Does the recorded AVI play
    properly?

    First of One, Jul 23, 2006