    Should there be a utility on the system or do I need to D/L something to
    do it? If the latter - any recommendations?

    Ta.

    Andrew D, Apr 27, 2005

  2. Andrew D

    Zaphod B Guest

    What is "basic sound input"?
    You do have a line-in on most Macs, and you can access very basic
    controls for that through System Preferences - Sound. However, that
    doesn't record for you or do any fine tunig of the sound without extra
    software. I'd recommend Amadeus II for analog sound recording (including
    vinyl), look for it on Versiontracker.

    Zaphod B, Apr 27, 2005

  3. Andrew D

    Lara Guest

    http://www.google.com/search?&q="audio+recorder"

    Freeware. Small, simple, and does what it says it does.

    Lara

    Lara, Apr 27, 2005
  4. I heartily recommend Audacity, found over at sourceforge.net. It does
    just about everything SoundStudio does, plus a lot more features, and
    it's free.

    Carl Witthoft, Apr 27, 2005
  5. Andrew D

    Andrew D Guest

    Thanks to everyone. I'll check them out.

    Andrew D, Apr 29, 2005
  6. Andrew D

    Wes Groleau Guest

    Wes Groleau, May 3, 2005