    stock configuration while others don't? Unfortunately the software
    I'd prefer to use (more user friendly to me) doesn't work while the
    less user friendly software does.

    RnR, Oct 17, 2007

  2. RnR

    wm_walsh Guest

    Hi!
    I have no idea why any audio software would notice or care about your
    wireless hardware, unless it can stream audio through it. Bluetooth
    shows up because there are devices like headsets and microphones that
    can relay audio across a Bluetooth connection.

    What's probably happening has to do with your mixer settings. Chances
    are the programs that don't work aren't configuring the mixer to
    record what is playing. Those that do are probably aware of how the
    mixer is set and how it most likely should be set, or they use a
    generic override that happens to capture the streaming audio.

    Bring up the Windows Volume Control, and click on the Options menu.
    Volume For. Click OK. You will then see a list of devices your
    computer believes it can record from.

    What you probably want to set it to is anything along the lines of
    "What U Hear" (Creative Sound Cards), "Wave Out Mix" (Analog Devices)
    or similar settings. You will need to place a check mark under the
    slider whose output you wish to record. After you do that, try your
    recording software again. Experiment with the mixer until you find
    which setting works.

    Your audio recording software may also have settings that need to be
    adjusted in order to pick the recording source.

    William

    wm_walsh, Oct 17, 2007

  3. RnR

    RnR Guest

    More or less I knew this but didn't hurt to hear it from you.
    No luck tho after trying all this but wmrecorder works fine right outa
    the box and I think Totalrecorder also worked. I have so far tried
    more than 6 programs and most don't work and only 2 worked right away.
    So I'm confused why I can't get the others to work even with setting
    changes but rather than tear my hair out, I'll probably end up with
    one of those that do work even if they aren't as user friendly :( .
    Thanks William.

    RnR, Oct 18, 2007
  4. RnR

    Tim Guest

    The very few times I have cared to record streaming audio I
    have used either the "line-in" or the "from sound card"
    settings. This only works if the sound card is full duplex.

    Tim

    Tim, Oct 18, 2007
  5. RnR

    RnR Guest

    Thanks Tim. I don't think my sound card is full duplex but I'll have
    to check it out more.

    thanks again!!

    RnR, Oct 18, 2007