    either. is there a prevailing view in studio circles, whether the
    audio sequencer or the multitrack HD recorder should come first in the
    recording chain?

    Geo, Oct 10, 2005

  2. Geo

    Neil Gould Guest

    I have used a similar setup for years. As Hank Alrich has pointed out, the
    answer to your question lies in the way that you work. And, you may find
    that you have different answers for different songs... I certainly do.

    Being very general about this, I'd say that you have to consider the
    limitations of each approach, and decide how to make best use of the
    strengths of each approach. For only a few MIDI tracks and audio tracks,
    it may make little differnce, and then adding one more of either may make
    all the difference in the world.

    Good luck!

    Neil

    Neil Gould, Oct 11, 2005